A. In a previous FAQ, I described how to navigate to a UNC path from a command session. To disable the UNC check during a command session so you can use a UNC path as the current folder from the command prompt, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, DWORD Value; enter the name DisableUNCCheck; then press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set it to 1, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.