A. If the SMS client doesn't install on certain machines, you can determine the cause by performing these steps:
- Open the ccrretry.box folder under the inboxes folder of your SMS hierarchy (e.g., d:\sms\inboxes\ccrretry.box).
- Within the folder, you'll see a .ccr file for each machine on which the client has failed to install. Use Notepad to open the .ccr file for the machine you're troubleshooting.
- The .ccr file contains a "\[Request Processing\]" section. Within that section, you'll see a line that says "Last Error Code=". Note the error code number (e.g., 5).
- Open a command line (Start, Run, cmd.exe).
- Type net helpmsg <error number>
- The system returns the actual error (e.g., "Access Denied").
- You should now research the error to determine the problem. For example, if the error is "Access Denied," the SMS installation account might not have rights on the target PC.