A. A. It is possible to write a script that will run when you connect during a RAS connection to automate actions such as entering your username and password. To specify a script perform the following
- Double click on My Computer and start up the Dial-up Networking applet
- Select the phonebook entry and click More.
- From the More menu select "Edit entry and modem properties"
- Click the Script tab and select "Run this script"
- Click the "Edit script..." button and the SWITCH.INF file will be opened
- Go to the bottom of the file and create a new connection section and then select exit
- Answer Yes to save changes
- Click the "Refresh List" button and the new entry will now be displayed.
- Select the new entry you created and click OK.
An example addition to the SWITCH.INF would be
; the phonebook entry
; send initial carriage return
; wait for : (after username, may be different at your site) omit the U as it may be capitals. You could just have :
; send username as entered in the connection dialog box, alternaticly you could just enter the username e.g. savillj<cr>
; wait for : (after password this time, may be different at your site)
; send the password entered in the connection dialog box, again you could just manually enter the password, e.g. password<cr>
; send the "start ppp" command
In depth information on all of the commands can be found in the SWITCH.INF file.