A. When you view an attachment in Outlook, the software saves the attachment to the local file system. To control the location that Outlook uses to extract these attachments for viewing, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Security registry subkey for Microsoft Office XP (navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security registry subkey for Office 2000 or to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Outlook\Security registry subkey for Office 97).
- Double-click OutlookSecureTempFolder to view the location Outlook uses to store attachments for viewing.
- Change the OutlookSecureTempFolder value data to the location you prefer, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on for the change to take effect.