Q. I'm installing an application that expands files temporarily and then executes. I want to grab files from the temporary expansion folder but how do I find it?
A. I recently had a situation in which I needed the print drivers for an HP printer for a print server, but I didn’t want to actually install the application on my server. To solve the problem, I performed these steps:
- Execute the install program, which will usually show it expanding files and then opens a dialog box that prompts you to click Next to continue. Don't click Next.
- Start Task Manager and select the Applications tab.
- Right-click Install application, and select Go To Process.
- The Processes tab will open with the process for the Application selected. Right-click the selected process and select Open File Location.
- Explorer will now open at the folder for the installation process so you can find the desired files.