- At the end of an existing bullet or slide title, press Enter to end a bullet or slide title and start the next.
Enter starts a new item at the same level as the previous bullet or slide.
- At the beginning of an existing bullet or slide title, press Tab to demote (make text a lower-level bullet point) or Shift+Tab to promote (make text a higher-level bullet or slide title).
- You may need to press Tab or Shift+Tab several times to navigate through multiple bullet levels.
- To create a new slide, press Shift+Tab until you have promoted the bullet to the slide level.
- Shift+Enter starts a new line without starting a new bullet point. It inserts a line break.
As you enter content into the Outline view, your slides are updated automatically with the new content.