To embed an empty Excel worksheet:
- Click the Insert Microsoft Excel Worksheet button.
- Drag to select the number of columns and rows you want.
Word creates an embedded Excel worksheet.
- Double-click the Excel worksheet to activate it and make changes. You are then working 'in' Excel and can use Excels menus and toolbars to leverage the full functionality of Excel.
- Click outside the Excel worksheet when you are finished making changes. The object is then de-activated and you are returned to Word.
You can also embed an Excel worksheet that you created in Excel.
- Select the worksheet in Excel.
- Choose Edit → Copy.
- Position the insertion point in the Word document where you want the Excel worksheet to appear.
- Choose Edit ? Paste Special (not Paste).
- Select the option Microsoft Excel Worksheet Object.
- Click OK.