- Turn on the Tables and Borders toolbar by clicking the Tables and Borders button.
- Click the Draw Table button. The mouse pointer becomes a pencil.
- Select a border style by choosing from the Border Style, Border Width, and Border Color menus.
- Drag to create the outside borders of the table.
- Select a border style and drag to create a row or column. Repeat this step for each column and row.The advantage to this approach is that you can create a layout that is not a consistent grid structure. To turn off the draw table feature click the Draw Table button.
- Add text to the table by typing directly in the cells. You can move between cells with the arrow and Tab keys.
- Use the Tables and Borders toolbar to format the table.