You must create a folder on the network that is accessible to all users who will be sharing templates. This might be on a server using one of your mapped drive letters, for example. Your help desk or technology support staff may be able to help you with this step.
- Once you have access to a shared location for the templates, choose Tools → Options.
- Click the File Locations tab.
- Click the Workgroup Templates entry.
- Click Modify.
- Enter the path to the shared folder.
- This procedure must be repeated for each user who will be utilizing the shared template folder.
- You can still have individual, personalized, customized templates. When you choose File ? New, you will see both your personal templates and the shared templates. The contents of your personal templates folder are merged with the contents of the shared (Workgroup Templates) folder in the New dialog box.
- While this procedure is performed in Word, the result is a shared template location for all Microsoft Office applications