- Choose Tools → Macro ? Record New Macro.
- Enter a name for the macro.
- Optionally use the Assign macro to buttons to assign the macro to a shortcut key, or toolbar button.
- Select where you want to Store macro in.
You will usually want to store macros in a template. New documents based on the template will be able to use the macro. Macros you will use regularly should be stored in your Normal template. Because Normal is global, macros stored in Normal will be available to all documents.
- Click OK.
- Perform the sequence of commands that you want recorded.
- Click the Stop Recording button that appears in the macro toolbar.