After opening PowerPoint, the following steps can make it a more comfortable and productive environment:
- Maximize the PowerPoint window. Click the Maximize button in the upper-right corner of the window.
- If you see a Restore button, that is an indicator that the window is already maximized.
- You will run into problems if you are working in a window that is not maximized, but has been sized (stretched) to take up the entire screen. If your window looks "full size" but still has a Maximize button, be sure to shrink the window so that it is visibly smaller than the screen. Then click the Maximize button to maximize it correctly.
- Set the zoom level of the slide. Click the drop-down arrow next to the Zoom button and select a zoom level.
- Select Fit and PowerPoint will set the zoom automatically to show the entire slide in the available space in the slide pane.
- You can zoom in (a larger number) to work with smaller objects and to fine-tune positioning.
- You can zoom out (a smaller number) to see more of the page or document.
- You can also click in the Zoom box itself, type a number and press Enter
- Configure the sizes of the panes in the Normal view by dragging the borders between the panes.