Microsoft posted Service Pack 2 for Visual Studio 97 today, the second bug fix collection for the integrated suite of developer applications in the same number of months. Service Pack 2 fixes the following problems:
- A search performance problem that causes Developer Studio to use 100% of the CPU time.
- A bug that blocks downloads from Internet Explorer.
- Memory leak problems in Visual SourceSafe.
- A compiled strings bug in Visual C++.
- A problem in the visual database tools that caused single-row recordset updates to affect other rows.
- Other bugs.
Visual Studio 97 Service Pack 2 can be downloaded from the Microsoft Web site next week. At this time, only the Visual Basic update is available