To reset Office 2000, and greater, registry settings to their default values, you use the OPW (Office Profile Wizard) from the Office Resource Kit Tools:
To reset the Microsoft Office default registry settings:
1. Close all Microsoft Office programs.
2. Start / Programs / Microsoft Office Tools / Microsoft Office XXXX Resource Kit Tools / Profile Wizard.
3. Press Next.
4. Press the Restore previously saved settings option button.
5. Check the Reset to defaults before restoring settings box.
6. Clear any file names that may be shown in the Edit box.
7. Press Finish.
8. Press Yes when you receive:
You have not specified a settings file to be restored, but you have selected "Reset to defaults before restoring settings." This will restore the Office default settings on this computer. Are you sure you want to continue?
9. Press Exit when you receive:
You have completed the Profile Wizard. The default Office Settings were restored.