After you perform the subject upgrade, client logon scripts DO NOT run when they log on to the domain?
It is possible that the Windows NT NETLOGON share and contents were NOT moved to the SYSVOL when the BDC was promoted.
To check / Fix this condition:
1. Log on to each domain controller.
2. Open a CMD prompt.
3. Type net share netlogon and press Enter. The path should be be similar to C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\JSIINC.COM\SCRIPTS.
4. If the path to NETLOGON is %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl\Import\Scripts, use Regedit to Export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters to an oldNetlogon.reg file, incase you need to restore it.
5. Delete the Scripts Value Name that contains the %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl\Import\Scripts data string, pressing Yes to confirm the deletion.
6. Move the contents of %SystemRoot%\System32\Repl\Import\Scripts to %SystemRoot%\SYSVOL\sysvol\<DomainName.DomainSuffix>\SCRIPTS
7. At a CMD prompt, type net stop netlogon and press Enter. After the NETLOGON service has stopped, type net start netlogon and press Enter.
8. Type net share netlogon and press Enter to verify the correct path to NETLOGON. It should be similar to C:\WINNT\SYSVOL\sysvol\JSIINC.COM\SCRIPTS.
9. Repeat steps 1 - 8 for each domain controller.