A. Service Pack 4 introduced a new registry setting, ExcludeProfileDirs, which can be used to exclude certain directories from the replication of user profiles.
To implement perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
- From the Edit menu select New - String value
- Enter a name of ExcludeProfileDirs and press Enter
- Double click the new value and set to the relevant areas, separating them by semi-colons, for example
Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook;Temporary Internet Files;Personal
- Close the registry editor
This can also be done via a system policy:
Start the Policy Editor (poledit.exe)
Create a new policy (or open an existing one providing it was created after SP4 installation)
Double click Default User
Expand 'Windows NT User Profiles'
Check the 'Exclude directories in roaming profile'
In the data box type the name of the directories to be excluded
Click here to view image
Save the policy to the netlogon share of the PDC