A. Instead of using User Manager as in NT 4.0, a new MMC snap-in, Active Directory Tree Manager is used. Although the host application is different the usage is exactly the same.
To view/add/remove perform the following:
- Start the Domain Tree Manager (Start - Programs - Administrative Programs - Domain Tree Management)
- Expand the root and right click on the domain
- Select Properties from the displayed context menu
- Select the Trusts tab and add/view as required.
- Click Apply then OK
Click here to view image
- Example of one domain that trusts ours
Obviously you should try and use the tree and forest concept rather than manual trust relationships with pure Windows 2000 domains. This is discussed in the Active Directory section (which will be added shortly).