Thanks to Paul Crockford for the tip: There is an excellent Easter Egg in Word 97 called "Word Pinball" which is, indeed, a simple Pinball game. Here's how you access it:
- Start Word 97 and open a new document.
- Type in the word "Blue" (no quotes).
- Select the word, and then click Format-->Font. Change it to bold and change the color to Blue, then click OK.
- Add a space after the word Blue.
- Choose Help-->About Microsoft Word.
- Hold down Ctrl + Shift and click the Word icon on the left side of the dialog box.
- The game appears. Use Z and M to work the flippers and Esc to end the game.