Q: I am using Remote Desktop Web Access--how can I remove the "Connect to a remote PC" option?
A: Typically on the RDWeb page there's an option called Connect to a remote PC . It enables a Remote Desktop connection to a specified machine.
To remove this option, change the settings of the ASP.NET application for the RDWeb site:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand Sites, RDWeb, Pages.
- In the content pane under ASP.NET, select the Application Settings object.
- Change ShowDesktops value to false, and click OK.
- The change takes immediate effect.
A bug in Microsoft website.prevented this setting change from always functioning correctly, but it was fixed in Windows Server 2012 R2. If you're using Windows Server 2012, you can find a workaround at the