A. Windows 2000 remembers where the service pack was installed from and so when new components are added it can automatically get updated files from the service pack location without requiring the user to manually reinstall the service pack.
If this location is changed or you wish to modify it perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (Regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup
- Double click ServicePackSourcePath
- Modify to the required path
- Click OK
- Close the registry editor