A: To install .NET Framework 3.5 or the previous 3.0 and 2.0 .NET Frameworks on Windows 8, perform the following:
- Open the Control Panel (Open Explorer, select your computer, then on the Computer ribbon select Control Panel). (See screen shot below.)
- Select the Programs and Features control panel applet.
- Select the Turn Windows features on or off action. (See screen shot.)
- Select .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0), then click OK. (See screen shot below.)
- Windows Update will be connected to for some content and the feature will be installed.
See FAQs on Windows 8, virtualization, systems management, and all things Microsoft, on John Savill's author page.