A. If you receive the error shown here, "Access denied. Unable to establish communication between 'Server' and 'Client'," you're having remote procedure call communication failure, most likely with DCOM.
Click to expand
Please see the FAQ 'Q. How do I allow users to remotely manage Hyper-V via the Hyper-V MMC snap-in?' and make sure the DCOM configuration was completed and the server rebooted.Related Reading
- Q. What is Microsoft Enterprise Desktop Virtualization (MED-V)?
- Q. Why isn't virtualization supported for the Exchange Server 2007 Unified Messaging (UM) server role?
- Four for Free: No-Cost Virtualization Tools and Utilities
- More virtualization articles
- Perform a Physical to Virtual (P2V) Migration with SCVMM 2008
- Perform a Virtual to Virtual (V2V) Migration with SCVMM 2008
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Introduction
- Virtualization and Hyper-V Architecture Fundamentals
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.