A. There's no complex logic to detect subnets to match virtual switches for a migrated VM. ESX, like Hyper-V, connects a migrated VM to the virtual switch with the same name as the virtual switch as on the VM's original host. Because of this, it's important that you use consistent switch naming throughout your virtual environment.
- Q. What are the types of Virtual Switch available in VMware ESX?
- Q. What is ESX Server 3i?
- Q. Can you manage Citrix XenServers with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)?
- Q. Why does virtualization help disaster recovery?
- Q. Does migrating a virtual machine (VM) from one platform to another introduce a lot of messiness into the guest?