A. By default, all programs that have shortcuts under the All Users programs folder will auto publish to the Windows 7 Start menu however we can block specific applications by adding the applications path to the exclude list.
- Start the registry editor (Start, Run, Regedit.exe).
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Virtual Machine\VPCVAppExcludeList.
- Create a new String value with the name of the program as the value name and the path as the value data. You can look at existing entries for examples of the format.
- Close the registry editor.
- Q. Is there a way to maintain all the applications from my Windows XP installation when I upgrade to Windows 7 without third-party tools?
- Q. What is Windows 7 XP mode?
- Q. How do I install XP Mode for Windows 7?
- Q. Can Windows Virtual PC map USB devices to a virtual machine (VM)?
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.