It's been a big day in patching news with Windows 8.1 Update 1, regular security updates, and end of life for a few products, but let's not forget there are other things going on today, too.
Today, Microsoft has decided to release an updated version (2.0) of the Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter. MVMC is a standalone tool that converts VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts and also to Microsoft Azure.
New features include:
- Converts virtual disks that are attached to a VMware virtual machine to virtual hard disks (VHDs) that can be uploaded to Microsoft Azure.
- Provides native Windows PowerShell capability that enables scripting and integration into IT automation workflows.
- Supports conversion and provisioning of Linux-based guest operating systems from VMware hosts to Hyper-V hosts.
- Supports conversion of offline virtual machines.
- Supports the new virtual hard disk format (VHDX) when converting and provisioning in Hyper-V in R2 and Windows Server 2012.
- Supports conversion of virtual machines from VMware vSphere 5.5, VMware vSphere 5.1, and VMware vSphere 4.1 hosts Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Supports Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows 8 as guest operating systems that you can select for conversion.
You can get it here: Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter 2.0