An Update Rollup (UR1) has been released to address thirteen different flaws in the original System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager. An Update Rollup is a batch of patches that have accumulated between major revisions of the product.
This Update Rollup includes two different update packages, one to be applied to the VMM server and one to be applied to the VMM Console. Both packages are available from the UR1 KB Article here:
UR1 addresses the following issues:
- System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager cannot deploy a new or imported VMWare template.
- A virtual machine with that uses VHDX cannot be refreshed correctly in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager, and you receive the following error message:
Refresh job failed with error 2912: The requested operation cannot be performed on the virtual disk as it is currently used in shared mode (0xC05CFF0A)
- Database operations sometimes fail with "FailedToAcquireLockException."
- A new virtual machine template from a template that specifies an operating system profile doesn't use credentials from the operating system profile.
- Virtual machines in VMWare that connect by the using Cisco N1000V dvSwitch are unavailable for management from Virtual Machine Manager.
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager service crashes if you disable one of the teamed network adapters.
- The Get-Scstoragearray -host command should return storage arrays that are visible to a host that is using zoning.
- During the discovery of a network-attached storage (NAS) provider, the credentials that are used do not include a domain name.
- Some localized strings are not displayed correctly in the UI.
- A query to find the certificate should match both the subject name and the friendly name because FindBySubjectName is a wildcard search.
- Template deployment fails, and you receive the following error message:
VMM could not find the specified path on the <Server name> server.
The system cannot find the path specified (0x80070003)
- Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) cannot be mounted on a host because VHD conflicts with other disks because of a stale entry that was left in the dictionary of Virtual Machine Manager memory.
- Differencing disk based deployment may fail because the parent disk is being refreshed as noncached.