A. Clipboard redirection lets you copy information from a Terminal Services session and paste it into the local console-based session. However, you might receive the following error message when you try to paste information from the clipboard:
Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk
This error occurs when you upgrade the Win2K Terminal Services client to the Windows XP Remote Desktop client and then reinstall the Win2K Terminal Services client. To resolve this error, you need to re-establish the clipboard registry setting by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Default\AddIns registry subkey.
- From the Edit menu, select New, Key.
- Enter the name RDPDR, then press Enter.
- Close the registry editor.