A. In the beta-test version of Win2K and later Windows versions, text appeared onscreen to indicate that the user was running a beta version. This text typically stated "Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional, For Testpurpose only, Build 2195." To stop the text from appearing, you needed to set the registry value HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Desktop\PaintDesktopVersion to 0. However, after you install WMP 9, this text can reappear. To prevent this text from displaying onscreen after you install WMP9, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA\Certificates\ registry subkey.
- Delete the FEE449EE0E3965A5246F000E87FDE2A065FD89D4 subkey.
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates registry subkey.
- Delete the 2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB519243C13142EBC3 subkey.
- Close the registry editor.