A. Unless your computer has suffered a major disk malfunction, this error message usually means that the hard disk's active partition has changed. To resolve this error, perform the following steps:
- Boot your machine using a Windows Me, Windows 9x, or DOS 3.5" system disk that contains the Fdisk utility.
- Start the Fdisk utility.
- Press the Enter key to enable large disk support.
- Select Option 2 for "Set active partition."
- Enter the number of the partition that you want to set as the active partition, and press Enter.
- Press the Esc key to exit.
- Remove the boot disk from the floppy drive and reboot the machine.