A. An erroneous pending file copy operation in the registry is causing your SQL Server installation to believe another installation is underway, which is preventing you from continuing the installation. To resolve this error, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (i.e., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager registry subkey.
- Double-click PendingFileRenameOperations.
- Remove any entries for this registry value, then click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
You'll then be able to complete the SQL Server 2000 installation.