A: Although the first version of InTune was only released in March 2011, a beta is already available that showcases some of the changes in the next version. The main new features currently available are:
- Software distribution. Previously, only software updates could be deployed. Software installation packages (MSI, MSP, and EXE) are uploaded and stored using Azure storage then deployed.
- Remote tasks can be run on computers, including malware scanning, updating malware definitions, and performing reboots.
- Customized alerting based on exceeding thresholds, number, or percentage of computers affected.
- License management for non-Microsoft products.
- Better reporting, including hardware inventory.
- Read-only access for administrators.
- Usability and user interface improvements.