A. Before you can tell WSRM to impose CPU and memory restrictions on a process, you must define the process in WSRM by specifying matching criteria. Here's how to do this:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) Windows Server Resource Manager snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Windows Server Resource Manager).
- Right-click Process Matching Criteria and select New Process Matching Criteria.
- Give the matching criteria a name (e.g., the application's name), then click Add.
- If the application is currently running, select Running Process from the drop-down list, then click Select and select the process, as the figure at Figure shows.
- The path of the selected process will be added. Click OK to close the dialog boxes.
You've now defined your application as a process to which WSRM can assign resources.