A. The version of Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 that ships with Windows 2003 includes some Web-administration tools that are disabled by default. To enable the tools, perform the following steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) IIS Management snap-in by clicking Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Server (IIS) Management.
- Navigate to Web Sites, Default Web Site.
- Right-click Default Web Site. Select New, then select Virtual Directory. You'll see the Virtual Directory Creation Wizard Welcome screen.
- Click Next.
- Enter an alias of IISADMPWD and click Next.
- For the actual publish folder value, enter C:\windows\system32\inetsrv\iisadmpwd (where C:\windows is the directory in which Windows is installed). Click Next.
- For virtual directory permissions, select the Read and Run scripts check box, if it isn't already selected. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You can access the new interface at http://<server address>/iisadmpwd/aexp2.asp to change a local account password or at http://<server address>/iisadmpwd/aexp2b.asp to change a domain password. The figure at figure shows a sample Web interface for changing a domain password