The subject problem may be the result of the 3rd-party Internet Relay Chat (mIRC) program failing to respond on start up.
To workaround this problem:
1. Log on.
2. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and press the Task Manager button.
3. Open the File menu and press New Task (Run…).
4. Type control appwiz.cpl and press OK.
5. Select the mIRC program in the Add/Remove Programs list, and press Change/Remove to uninstall it.
6. Shutdown and restart Windows.
NOTE: For additional information on mIRC, visit http://www.mirc.co.uk.