When you use the Terminal Services Advanced Client (TSAC) to connect to a Windows 2000 Terminal Server, you receive:
VBScript: Error connecting to terminal server: <ServerName or IP address>
The System event log on the terminal server contains:
Event ID: 1004
Description: The terminal server cannot issue a client license.
NOTE: Other clients can connect to the terminal server.
This problem may be caused by a corrupted MSLicensing registry key on the client computer.
To fix the problem:
1. Use Regedit to navigate to:
2. On the Registry menu, Export Registry File to a mslicensingbackup.reg file, incase you must Merge the file to recover.
3. Right-click the MSLicensing sub-key and press Delete.
4. Press Yes to confirm the deletion.
5. Exit Regedit.
6. Restart your computer to allow Windows to rebuild the MSLicensing key.