1. If you wish to keep any items in your Recycle Bin, open it and move them.
2. Control Panel / Add/Remove Programs.
3. Select Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 on the Install/Unistall tab and click Add/Remove.
4. Press Remove Windows Desktop Update, but keep the Internet Explorer 4.0 Web browser and click OK.
5. If you have any items in the Recycle Bin, the follow appears:
Internet Explorer 4.0 has modified the format of the
If you want to keep any of the items currently in the
Recycle Bin, open the Recycle Bin and move the items
to a different location.
To permanently delete all items from the Recycle Bin
and continue, click OK.</b>
Internet Explorer will close all programs and reconfigure your computer to run without Windows Desktop Update.