A. The error you're experiencing is the result of a temporary license that Microsoft issued before you activated the Terminal Services License server. Because you didn't remove this temporary license, it expired after the 90-day trial period.
To resolve this error, perform the following steps to delete the license subkey from the registry:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store subkey.
- Locate the LICENSE000 or LICENSE00n (e.g., LICENSE001, LICENSE002) entry.
- Right-click this subkey, select Export from the context menu, and follow the prompts until you've successfully backed up the subkey.
- Delete the subkey by pressing the Del key.
- Close the registry editor.
If you experience any problems after performing the previous steps, you can restore the subkey value by double-clicking the exported registry file.