A. Some users have reported seeing adult content when they start IE or click Search in IE. Adult Web sites sometimes modify the values IE uses to tell the software which URLs to use for the default IE start and search pages. To resolve this problem, you can reset the registry values that control these settings by performing the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main registry subkey.
- Review the settings for the Search Bar, Search Page, and Start Page.
- If any of the values indicate adult-based URLs, you can either delete the value, which causes IE to use the default setting, or modify these values to point to more-acceptable URLs.
- Close the registry editor.