A. To migrate ODBC data sources, perform the following steps:
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI, and highlight the ODBC.INI key in the left pane.
- From the Registry menu, select Export Registry File.
- Select odbc.reg, and save it to a network share.
- Go to your target machine and browse to the same key in the registry. Right-click ODBC.INI and choose Rename. As a backup, rename ODBC.INI as ODBC.INI.OLD.
- Highlight ODBC.INI's parent registry key (ODBC).
- From the Registry menu, select Import Registry File and browse to the network share where you saved odbc.reg. Double-click odbc.reg to import it.
- Test your applications that use the data sources to verify that the import worked properly.
Remember, you can always roll back by renaming ODBC.INI.OLD to ODBC.INI. See also, "Microsoft Site Server ODBC Database Catalog Search."