A. The FSRM quota system is a powerful feature for applying quotas on a per-volume or per-folder basis. Typically, you assign a defined quota template to a volume or folder, by performing these steps:
- Start the Microsoft Management Console (MMC) File System Resource Manager snap-in (Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, File Server Resource Manager).
- Expand the Quota Management branch and select Quotas.
- In the Actions pane, select Create Quota, or right-click the details pane of the MMC and select Create Quota from the context menu.
- Click Browse and select the volume or folder for the quota to apply to and click OK.
- Select "Create quota on path" and select the template from which you want to derive the quota properties to apply to the volume or path, as the figure shows.
- Click Create.
You can right-click the newly created quota and select "Edit Quota Properties" to modify settings from the defined template.