A. Windows XP introduces clear type, which greatly improves the readability on LCD screens. You usually enable clear type on a per-user basis, so it isn't enabled for the logon screen. To enable clear type for the logon screen, perform the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Double-click FontSmoothing, and set it to 2. Click OK.
- Double-click FontSmoothingType, and set it to 2. Click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
The logon screen will now use clear type.