A. You can't create a password-reset disk for a domain account, but you can create this disk for a local account on a machine that's a member of a domain. To create the disk, perform the following steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to open the Security dialog box.
- Click Change Password.
- Select "Log on to:" to specify the local computer.
- Click Backup to start the Forgotten Password Wizard.
- In the "Current user account password" box, type your password and click Next. The Forgotten Password Wizard creates the password-reset disk.
- When the progress bar reaches 100 percent complete, click Next, then click Finish. The Forgotten Password Wizard returns you to the Change Password dialog box.
- Remove the password-reset disk. Label the disk and store it in a safe place.
- Click Cancel to exit the Change Password dialog box.
- Click Cancel to exit the Windows Security dialog box.