A. Once Dfs is installed a new application, the Dfs Administrator, is created in the Administrative Tools folder. This app should be used to manage Dfs. To add a new area as part of the Dfs tree follow the procedures below:
- Start the Dfs Administrator application (Start - Programs - Administrative Tools - Dfs Administrator)
- Select "Add to Dfs" from the Dfs menu
- Enter the name of folder you want an existing share to be known as
- Next select what it should point to, you can either type the path, or use Browse.
- Click Add
- Close the Dfs Administrator