A. Run the SQL Client Configuration program on the client in question and follow these steps :-
- Select the Advanced Tab
- In the Server box type in the name your application will use to reference the server.
- For DLL Name select TCP/IP Sockets.
- For a server name that will be resolved to a numeric IP address just enter the name into the Connection string. (This should work if you can PING that server by name.) For a numeric IP address just type the IP address into the Connection String.
- If you want to use a different port from the default (1433 is the default) follow the IP name or address with a comma and the alternate port. For example: 188.8.131.52,1434
- Hit the Add/Modify Button.
That should do it