A. Super hidden files/folders can be viewed from the command line as a normal file, you don't even need the /ah dir switch (/ah sets the mode to attribute hidden).
If you wish to view via the GUI, such as Explorer.exe, perform the following:
- Start Explorer
- From the Tools menu select 'Folder Options'
- Select the 'View' tab
- Unselect the 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' box
Click here to view image
- Click Apply then OK
The super hidden files will now be visible in Explorer. This can also be done by directly editing the registry
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer if using Server (or Advanced Server) or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced if using Professional (Workstation)
- If the value does not exist create a value named ShowSuperHidden of type DWORD
- Set to 1. Click OK
- Close the registry editor