A. To export your files and settings, perform the following steps:
- Start the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and click File and Settings Transfer Wizard; alternatively, you can type
migwiz.exefrom the command prompt).
- From the welcome screen, click Next.
- Select "Old computer," then click Next (the wizard will display only those options applicable to your user profile and installed applications).
- Select the transfer method to use (e.g., to output your settings to the local file system, select Other, select a location to store your files (if the entered path doesn't exist, click Yes to create it), then click Next.
- Select the option that corresponds to what you want the wizard to transfer--settings, files, or both, then click Next. The wizard will display a warning notifying you that if you export program-specific settings, you'll need to install those programs on the new computer.
Click here to view image
- After the wizard exports the settings, click Finish.
The wizard will create two files on the target media: a status file and the .dat file that contains all the user's settings. You should then import these files and their parent folder to the target machine.