A. In a previous FAQ, I described how to use the registry to enable and disable the Shutdown Event Tracker. You can also use Group Policy to configure the Shutdown Event Tracker by performing the following steps:
- Open Group Policy, then load the group policy you want to apply the change to.
- Expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System.
- Double-click Display Shutdown Event Tracker.
- Select Enabled.
- Select the Never option, then click OK.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.