A. When you install Microsoft Remote Installation Services (RIS), the SIS engine is installed. SIS is designed to cut down on wasted disk space by removing duplicate files. The problem is the SIS groveler works on the entire volume, not just the RIS folders. To exclude folders on the SIS Common Store volume, perform the following steps:
- Using Notepad, open Groveler.ini from the SIS Common Store folder.
- For each folder you want to exclude, add a line under \[Excluded Paths\] that has the following format:
"A name to identify the folder" = \FolderName (Don't type the quotation marks.)<br><br>
To exclude a folder on all volumes, perform the following steps:
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Groveler\ExcludedPaths.
- For each folder that you want to exclude, from the Edit menu, select New, String value.
- Enter a name of \[A name to identify the folder\], and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value and set it to the folder name.
- When you finish adding values, use the following statements to stop and restart the groveler service:
C:\> net stop groveler<br> C:\> net start groveler<br><br>