A. A. As well as changing the number of Authentication Retries that are allowed, the amount of time between each attempt can also be configured and after that time has elapsed it will count as a logon failure. This can be between 20 and 600 seconds.
- Start the registry editor
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RemoteAccess\Parameters
- Double click on AuthenticateTime and set to the required value. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
- Reboot the machine for the change to take effect (or stop and restart the RAS services)