A. By default, when users browse the network with Windows Explorer or My Network Places (Network Neighborhood), they find many domains or workgroups listed. You can restrict the display to only computers in the users local workgroups or domains. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Network (create the key if it doesn’t exist).
- From the Edit menu, select New, then DWORD value.
- Enter the name NoEntireNetwork, then press Enter.
- Double-click New Value, and set the value to 1. Click OK.
- Close the registry editor.
- Log off and log on again for the change to take effect.
You can also perform this procedure with a Group Policy Object (GPO) by selecting User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, Windows Explorer, then No Entire Network in My Network Places.