A. To remove a device driver, perform the following steps:
- Stop the service or device driver. For services, run Control Panel and choose Services. For device drivers, run Control Panel and choose Devices. If the service or device driver doesn’t stop, set the startup type to disabled and reboot the computer.
- Start the registry editor (regedt32.exe).
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services.
- Find the registry key that corresponds to the service or device driver that you want to delete.
- Select the key.
- From the Edit menu, choose Delete.
- Choose Yes to confirm the deletion of the key.
- Close the registry editor.
- Shut down, and restart the computer.
The Windows NT Resource Kit has the SRVINSTW tool that, on the third screen of the operation of the utility, lets you add device drivers for removal operations.